Pilates Retreat with Ruth 23rd – 29th June 2024
Our home for the week is the beautiful Santillan retreat in Andalusia, southern Spain. Located in the peaceful Spanish countryside 5km above the sea, Santillan is only 35 minutes from Malaga airport and is a beautifully renovated traditional 50,000 m2 cortijo with Mediterranean gardens and a large saltwater pool.
Santillán has 20 individually designed en-suite bedrooms, each with its own private balcony or garden terrace facing the sea, tropical gardens and surrounding hills. The guest rooms are all large and traditional, each one with either a balcony or a terrace with beautiful views. All the rooms have en-suite bathrooms. There are many spaces both indoors and outdoors where you can relax, read, socialise or find your own private quiet space.
What’s included in the retreat?
- 6 nights at the bespoke retreat location
- All meals and refreshments provided – mainly vegetarian/vegan local cuisine with the option of fish, based on organic produce grown under the Spanish sun, from the gardens, local farmers, our chicken coop, fruit trees and herb garden. Fruit and hot drinks are provided before the morning class followed by a delicious buffet brunch, drinks and snacks throughout the day and a nourishing dinner all prepared by the local cooks at Santillan. Allergies and food sensitivities can be catered for.
- Two Pilates classes each day from STOTT Pilates teacher Ruth Tongue (morning and evening) suitable for all levels
- Optional group circuits/intervals classes on three mornings during the week
- Group excursions – hikes, a trip to a Hamman Arab bath, horse riding, kayaking or paddle boarding, a visit to the stunning beaches of Malaga, Nerja or around the historical city of Malaga, fishing village Rincon de la Victoria or the ‘prettiest village in Andalusia’ Frigiliana
- Choice of massage treatments at the retreat centre
- Option for a sound bath one evening
- Flights (regular flights from all UK airports to Malaga airport)
- Transfers to and from Malaga airport (it’s around 35km from the airport to the retreat centre and we can organise transfers for those arriving on recommended flights. Transfers will cost around 10-20 euros per person each way for shared taxis/minibus.
- Additional cost of group excursions